Paralegal Schools in Texas
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the lucrative and exciting world of law, but aren’t interested in taking years to get there, earning your paralegal certification in Seabrook TX just might be the way to go. A paralegal certificate will put you on the fast track to the career you want in as little as one year. Not only will you be starting a rewarding career in less than half the time of those who seek four-year degrees, but with a paralegal salary, you’ll also start your career earning an income that is well above most post-graduation entry level positions.
One of the biggest draws about paralegal jobs is the pay. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average paralegal salary in 2010 was $46,680. Of course, the more education and experience you have the more you earn. For those who have earned a paralegal certificate, and have gone on to build a career in the field, they can expect to eventually earn up to about $80,000 a year.
Businesses are always looking for ways to cut back, and though it seems counterintuitive that cut backs can be beneficial when entering the job market, when it comes to paralegal jobs, that is the case. As businesses make budget cuts they are turning more and more to paralegals. The hiring trends show that law firms would rather pay a paralegal salary than a lawyer’s salary, so they are hiring fewer lawyers and bringing on more paralegals in order to save money. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website, the employment of paralegals is expected to grow by 18 percent through the year 2020.
Earning Your Paralegal Certification in Seabrook TX
Of course, before you can start your career as a paralegal you should earn your paralegal certificate. There are over 1,000 schools in the United States that have formal paralegal programs where you can earn either a certificate or an associate degree. If you do plan on enrolling in a paralegal program, however, you need to make sure that it’s a quality school which offers a well-rounded program. Employers will consider the school you attended when assessing you for potential employment. So, it really does make a difference. You will use your own criteria when selecting a school, such as school location and cost, but consider these factors as well:
- ABA Approved: The American Bar Association has a set of guidelines that a school must meet before granting approval. This is an important criteria because most employers will only consider candidates for paralegal jobs if they’ve graduated from an ABA-approved school.
- Curriculum: Any school you consider should offer curriculum that includes, not only legal courses, but classes in business and political systems, as well as American History. These subjects will benefit you in your career as you gain understanding of individual laws and the history behind them.
- Program Length: While it is possible to earn your certificate in as little as one year, you may also want to stay an additional year and earn a two year associate degree. If you aren’t sure which is right for you, discuss it with the school’s guidance counselor before making a final decision. Many people earn their certificate, start working, and then continue on in their education to earn an associate degree.
- Specialty Area: Many schools offer specialized areas of training in different legal niches, such as real estate law, corporate law, or intellectual property law (music, literature). If you have a specific area of interest, speak with the school guidance counselor to find out if they offer such individualized training.
- Placement Assistance: Good schools have established networks within the legal community, as well as alumni who have established themselves in their own careers. Use that network to your advantage and it will help you secure employment that much faster.
Reccomended Paralegal Programs in Texas
The programs featured below are taught by excellent, schools and come high recommended as potential choices for most students.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Paralegal Studies - Associates
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Paralegal Studies
- Paralegal Studies A.A.S.
- Paralegal Studies B.S.
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Master of Public Administration in Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- CERT: Paralegal Studies
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Legal Studies (BS)
Final Thoughts on Becoming a Paralegal
A career as a paralegal can be both personally and financially rewarding. There aren’t many careers which don’t require a four year degree that have the potential to start off paying an average salary in excess of $45,000 a year. When you seek out paralegal certification in Seabrook TX, you could be well on your way to starting a lucrative career.